Admission to Eglinton School for Reception to Year 6 children is dealt with by the Royal Borough of Greenwich. For more information regarding how to apply for a Primary School place please click here, and to view the Royal Borough of Greenwich admissions policies please click here.
Eglinton admits 60 children to the Reception classes each September.
Children born between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014 will be eligible for a Reception place in September 2018. Applications should be made to School Admissions at the Royal Borough of Greenwich by 15th January 2018. Online applications can be made using the eAdmission website.
If you have applied for your child to attend Eglinton, Admissions at the Royal Borough of Greenwich will advise you if your application has been successful. You will hear from Eglinton shortly after this, when you will be asked to collect and complete an enrolment pack and provide some supporting documents. Once these are received, a home visit is arranged and your child will start at Eglinton very soon afterwards.
Together for Twos
Free early learning places for two year olds
Is your child 2 years old or going to be 2 in the next year? You may be entitled to a 2 year old Nursery place for your child. This would consist of 15 free hours per week. The criteria is detailed below. To find out if you are eligible, please visit your local Children's Centre for an application.
Contact details for Eglinton Children's Centre are as follows:
Eglinton Children's Centre
Telephone: 020 8331 0374
Does your family receive any of the following income-based benefits?
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit (provided your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190)
- Disability Related Working Tax Credit
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part six of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit Guarantee and Child Tax Credit
Or, does your child have additional needs?
If you answer 'Yes' to any of these questions, you may be eligible for a free early learning place for your two year old. Children would usually start the term after they turn 2 years old.
If your application to the Children's Centre is successful, they will ask you which Nursery you would like your child to attend. Should you choose Eglinton, you will be asked to collect and complete an enrolment pack and provide some supporting documents. Once these are received, you will be advised of your home visit date and start date.
Children are entitled to attend Nursery from the term after they turn 3 years old. This consists of the Government entitlement of 15 free hours per week, Monday to Friday either every morning (9.00am to 12 noon) or every afternoon (12.30pm to 3.30pm).
To apply, please complete an application form and return it to the school office, along with the following supporting documents:
- Your child's full birth certificate
- Your child's passport if not born in the UK
- You most recent Council Tax bill or Council Tax benefit letter
- Your Tenancy Agreement if you are not responsible for Council Tax
- A utility bill or bank statement - not more than 3 months old
Applications are available from the school office, or by downloading and printing the document below.
We have 3 intakes per year at Eglinton as long as there are spaces available to offer. These intakes take place in September, January and April. Should we have more children applying for a nursery place than there are places, the following criteria is applied:-
- Looked after children, or previously looked after children and have become adopted or become subject to child arrangements or special guardianship order, immediately following having been looked after.
- Children with a sibling living at the same address, attending the same school at the time of admission.
- Children, or immediate family member, with an acute medical or social need for a particular school.
- Distance from home to school.